As you all know, today is the day Kim Kardashian weds her boyfriend of *6* months, Kris Humphries – and if you didn’t know that… well I don’t know how you wouldn’t considering its been the headline of news sources, tabloids, magazines and trending on twitter for the past month. I try to refrain from being too opinionated in any of my blog posts, but I’m letting my opinion slip on this one. Apparently Good Morning America referred to Kim and Kris’ wedding as “America’s Royal Wedding,” which literally makes me sick to hear that. She’s a quote on quote ‘entrepreneur’ who became famous after a sex tape was released… sometimes I wonder who she’d be today if that hadn’t gotten released. Who would of thought the accidental release of a sex tape would lead to something so great? And don’t get me wrong here, I will admit I’m one of the 3 million viewers that tunes in every Sunday to watch Keeping Up With The Kardashians to feed the fuel to the fire – but that’s only because I think Khloe and Bruce are hilarious.
I think this whole wedding has been blown out of proportion, as much as I’d like to say I don’t care – I do. And it’s with the help of the media that I unfortunately find myself sickly interested in what its all about – they’ve been throwing details at us for the past month about it… details such as these:
- Crystal incrusted invitations (which will get lost or tossed within a month… then again maybe framed)
- $200,000 gift registry which includes $150-each crystal napkin rings, $175 mustard jar (really?), $6,000 vase, a $1,600 silverware set (24 sets!), $375 candy jar, $155 cereal bowl (18 of them!), $225 dinner plate (24 of them)
- 500+ guest list
- E! is airing a 4 hour special about it (4 hours???! whichhhh I’ll probably watch)
- Of the $3.2 million Kris Humphries made last year, he dropped $2 million of that on Kim’s ring (obviously has his priorities in check?)
- Seems as if more A-Lister Celebs are coming to this wedding than an actual awards show (if that’s possible)
- Guests may only wear black and white (that seems so strict and stark!)
- 10 tier $20,000 wedding cake
- $25,000 wedding dress (hope it doesn’t look anything like Kim’s new wax figure)
- Oh and last but not least, Selena Gomez is no longer attending with the Biebs so I could potentially fill that spot…
Either way, I don’t think this wedding deserves to be called America’s Royal Wedding, it’s just another Hollywood wedding that any normal person would dream of having. If Kim is anything like Khloe then hopefully the marriage will last, but if she stays true to her past relationship habits it won’t (and she’ll be back with Reggie in a few years, as soon as she realizes how beautiful he still is) 😉
And yes, all this media and press about Kim’s wedding just led me to waste an hour writing a blog post about something I supposedly could care less about… Like I said before the wedding and Kim have been trending for weeks now on Twitter. Here are a few I came across:
According to Perez, Kim is making millions off this wedding, $17.9 million to be specific! This is absurd.
* $15 million plus profit for four-hour, two-part wedding special on E!
* $2.5 million for exclusive photos with People magazine
* $300,000 for exclusive engagement announcement with People
* $100,000 for exclusive rights to bridal shower with Britain’s OK! mag
* $50,000 to have bachelorette party at Tao in Las Vegas
* $15,000 to $20,000 Hansen’s Bakery wedding cake
* $20,000 Vera Wang wedding dress and fittings
* $40,000 for two more Vera Wang evening dresses
* $400,000 in Perrier Jouet Champagne
* $150,000 in hair and makeup for photo shoots and TV “home video”
* $10,000 in Lehr & Black wedding invitations
* $1 million wedding bands by jeweler Lorraine Schwartz were deeply discounted for an undisclosed amount.